good morning, Dunedin! I’m here in your inbox today to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening around town. Today’s briefing includes updates on…
- The Dunedin Art Cave Holiday Market is held weekly until Christmas
- Upcoming vacation movie night at Highlander Park
- When you can register your kids to receive a personalized call from Santa’s Workshop
But first, today’s weather:
periods of rain. High: 76 Low: 67.
Big love for our major local patrons. We can’t keep the community informed without you!
- Want to support local artists in Dunedin? Studio 1212 Art Gallery has been voted Best Small Collaborative Art Gallery of 2022 by Tampa Bay Magazine. Run by award-winning artists, this non-profit gallery features original artwork and prints, and houses a popular shop of handmade gift items. Stop by 234 Monroe Street, 11am-3pm Wednesday-Sunday or visit studio1212.org to shop and see show schedules. Support local artists by becoming a Studio 1212 sponsor here.
- We all know that Dunedin is an amazing place to visit. And we love it when our friends and family come to town. We just don’t always want them to stay in our homes. But how do we get past that without sounding a little rude, you know? Here’s an idea: they highly suggested they stay at the Mai Tai suites. Owners John and Karen Bickford offer fully furnished, 850-square-foot, two-bed, one-bathroom suites for less than the hotel rate. Mai Tai Suites is located just off the Dunedin Causeway, surrounded by St. Joseph’s Sound. It is convenient to Clearwater Beach and Dunedin city centre. It’s also dog-friendly (no pet fee) and offers a free pass for guests to nearby Honeymoon Island State Park. Invite all your friends and family to visit Dunedin – and have them book their rooms at Mai Tai Suites today.
Click here to get your work featured in this niche.
Here are the top 4 stories of the day in Dunedin:
- Dunedin Parks and Recreation will host a movie night this weekend December 16th at 5pm at Highlander Park.. “Christmas with the Kranks” will be shown after sunset on a large outdoor projection screen. Guests will also enjoy music and a lottery before the movie starts. tTickets cost $12 per car and must be purchased in advance at the Dunedin Community Centre. Parking is first come first served! Follow Favorite
- A night with DJ Paul will take place at the Dunedin Brewery on November 25th at 7pm. The event features spinning tracks by DJ Paul, who is one half of Three 6 Mafia! Attendees can expect him to sing the three Mafia hits, while also spinning platinum and gold hits he has produced for others. This performance will take place at Moon Tower, Dunedin Brewery’s newest addition. Tickets are free and now available online. A limited number of VIP tickets for $50 are also available for those who want to meet DJ Paul in person before the show! Follow Favorite
- Dunedin Goes Carting hosts its annual Christmas Parade on December 17 at 5pm, and those interested in participating can register online for $20.. The registration fee will benefit Dunedin Veterans through VFW’s community outreach programmes. The route begins at VFW Post 2550 Dunedin on Douglas Street and ends at Mease Manor. A contest will be held for the best golf carts accessories! Three winners will be announced on December 20th. (VFW Post 2550 Dunedin via Facebook)
- Will your child enjoy chatting with Santa? Register them between November 28th and December 13th for a personalized phone call straight from Santa’s Workshop. The children will receive the phone call on December 14 between 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. Entry forms for this free service are available online, at the Dunedin Community Centre, and at the Dunedin Public Library. Follow Favorite
From our sponsor:
a job. Fatherhood and Motherhood. The school. Social life. It can be a lot. If you feel down, there is nothing wrong with asking for help. Join over 3 million people who have sought help with BetterHelp.
BetterHelp makes getting started easy. No more waiting for months to find a therapist. You can get matched with one of the 25,000 therapists at BetterHelp in as little as 48 hours. Plus, if you don’t click on your first match, you can easily switch handlers. Try the treatment from the comfort of your own home. Register today and get 25% off.
Dunedin Daily Picture for the day:
Thank you, Marian Neary, for sharing this beautiful photo taken at Dunedin Pier!
Want to see your Dunedin profile here? Send it to Dunedin@Patch.com for consideration! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the image, and that the patch has permission to repost it.
Today in Dunedin:
- Pancake Tuesday At the Hale Senior Activity Center (8:30 a.m.)
- Dunedin Toastmasters Meeting At Unity Community Church (7 p.m.)
- Hip Hop Hangout With John Ditty at Reboot (10 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Meet Jake, the lovable 5-year-old kitty waiting for his forever family at SPCA Tampa Bay Shelter since August. According to the shelter, Jake is laid back and loves to sit on the couch. He is in desperate need of a human companion to give him lots of love and scratches! Kitty picture is full of expression and will definitely make your day. Be sure to stop by the shelter to meet Jake and all his feline friends who need homes. (SPCA Tampa Bay via Facebook)
- If you’re more than just a dog, you need to meet Kane, who appeared Sunday at SPCA Tampa Bay’s Senior Spotlight. Ken has been at the shelter since September and can’t wait to find his furry home! According to the shelter’s publication, Ken loves to play, especially in the pool. He is also easy to walk and will likely do well at home with another dog. Meet Ken and all his furry friends who are waiting to meet their families at the SPCA Tampa Bay Shelter! (SPCA Tampa Bay via Facebook)
- The Dunedin Brewery hosts the Dunedin Art Cave Holiday Market every Saturday until Christmas, starting November 26, between 11am and 5pm Get your holiday shopping in motion while supporting local artists and businesses! (Dunedin Brewery via Facebook)
- Blur Nightclub is hosting Ho Ho Glow Yoga on December 8 at 7 p.m The special holiday version of their regular glow yoga is $15 per person. Get there early to get some glowing body paint! (Nightclub Blur via Facebook)
- Bring the kids to meet Santa at Eddie’s Bar & Grill on December 3 between 1 and 3 p.m Kids can take their picture with the man in red and decorate some cookies to take home. (Eddie’s Bar & Grill via Facebook)
- Did you know that Florida is home to two of the five wild turkey breeds in the United States? According to the City of Dunedin, the Osceola turkey is a wild species of Florida and the smallest of the five. (Dunedin City via Facebook)
- Reminder to all parents: pInellas County schools will be closed from November 21 through November 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday. In addition, Pinellas County School District offices will be closed November 23-25 (Pinellas County School District via Facebook)
- The Celtic New World invites you to join them For Kilt Night with Clover’s Revenge at Flanagan’s Irish Pub on December 3 at 8pm (New World Celts – Dunedin chapter via Facebook)
- Don’t forget to join Dunedin City for Pancake Tuesdays between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. at the Hale Senior Activity Center. Stop by for pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, bacon, fruit, coffee, and juice. (Dunedin City via Facebook)
More Sponsors – Thanks for supporting Local News!
That’s enough for today. I’ll see you early bright tomorrow morning with your next update!
#DriveIn #Movie #Night #Call #Santa #Mafia #performance