AMD Radeon RX 7900 ‘RDNA 3’ graphics cards have comparable or better supply than NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 series at launch

AMD is said to be stockpiling a large inventory of the Radeon RX 7900 ‘RDNA 3’ graphics cards for its launch next month.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 ‘RDNA 3’ GPU Will Be Available in Good Quantities at Launch, Supply Chain Reports

In a report published by MyDrivers who quote from the initial supply chain, it appears that AMD has stockpiled a large amount of Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards based on the RDNA 3 GPU architecture that will be ready for launch next month on the 13th of December. It is reported that the red team has been working on increasing demands for Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards so that gamers can get them with relative ease at launch.

The report also states that the initial supply of AMD Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards which includes both the Radeon RX 7900 XTX and Radeon RX 7900 XT models will not be small and is said to be significantly better than the supply of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 series graphics cards at launch. We have learned over the past few days that NVIDIA has shipped a total of 160,000 Ada GPUs, of which 81.25% are for the RTX 4090 (AD102) GPU and the remaining 18.75% are for the RTX 4080 (AD103).

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 was completely sold out at launch, however, the card can be found with some effort in retail outlets. Meanwhile, despite shipping in smaller quantities the RTX 4080 can still be found in abundance in many stores. The card has also been reduced in size and one can find many listings on eBay. The positioning of the RTX 4080 is largely due to its price of a ridiculous $1199.9 and also the fact that AMD promised competitive performance per dollar and watt versus the RTX 4080. The Radeon RX 7900 XTX is positioned directly against the RTX 4080 in AMD’s marketing chips so users are really keen to see results final review of these two products before making a purchase.

If AMD can really pull off the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 graphics card in the final GPU revisions, we could see an increase in the already growing demand for the Radeon RX 7900 series and more than the Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics card which costs $999 (at MSRP). The extra bulk of graphics cards will really come in handy and with no encryption now, we have to expect the cards to be available at retail prices this time around.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX vs. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Comparison

Photographers card AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
GPU Navi 31 XTX AD103-300-A1
process node TSMC 5nm + 6nm TSMC4N
die size 300mm2 (GCD only)
522 mm2 (with MCDs)
379mm2
transistors 58 billion 45.9 billion
GPU cores 12288 9728
TMUs/ROPs 384/192 304/112
base clock 2.3 GHz 2.2 GHz
Max Clock 2.5 GHz 2.5 GHz
FP32 TFLOPs 61 TFLOPs 49 TFLOPs
memory size 24GB GDDR6 16 GB GDDR6X
memory bus 384 bits 256 bits
memory clock 20 Gbps 22.4 Gbps
memory bandwidth 960 GB / s 716.8 GB / s
cache 96 MB 64 MB
TBP 355W 320 watts
PCIe interface TBD PCIe 4.0 x16 slot
price 999 USD $1199

Which major graphics cards are you most interested in?

#AMD #Radeon #RDNA #graphics #cards #comparable #supply #NVIDIA #GeForce #RTX #series #launch

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *