The much-anticipated Netflix documentary series Prince Harry and Meghan Markle is still ready to premiere this year — and it’s set to launch in December, multiple sources told Page Six.
Monday’s Deadline report claimed the show has been pushed back until 2023 amid backlash over the upcoming season of Netflix’s hit “The Crown.”
“They rocked at Netflix and flashed first and decided to postpone the documentary,” a source told the outlets.
But despite it all, we’re told the show will go on — and any document issues have nothing to do with season five of “The Crown.”
As we previously revealed, Netflix sources told us there were issues between the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Netflix as they wanted to delete any incriminating comments about King Charles III, Queen Consort Camilla Parker Bowles, Prince William and Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales.
It was the couple who actually wanted to postpone the show until next year.
But a prominent industry insider told Page Six, “As far as I know, the docu streak is still going on later this year.”
Netflix has yet to announce an official release date and insiders tell us there are still issues with the document: Harry and Markle have made comments about it that go against what they wrote in their upcoming memoirs.
Representatives for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Netflix did not immediately respond to Page Six’s request for comment.
The new season of “The Crown,” the fantasy novel of the modern royal family, has faced heavy criticism, just weeks after the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
The viewer reportedly shows the new King Charles, played by Dominic West, trying to turn on his mother, now played by Imidla Staunton, when he was Prince of Wales, at a meeting with former British Prime Minister Sir John Major.
This prompted Sir John to tell the Mail on Sunday that the meeting never took place, calling the scene “a barrel load of malicious nonsense”.
Co-hosted by Good Day New York and Frisco from Scotto…
It is also believed that there were several scenes that led to the tragic death of Princess Diana, played by Elizabeth Debicki, in a car crash in a tunnel in Paris.
A source from the show reportedly told The Sun that crew members are openly talking about portraying her death on screen.
“Going back to Paris and turning Diana’s last days and hours into a drama is very uncomfortable. Finally, some of the crew are fighting back.”
#Prince #Harry #Meghan #Markles #show #air #Netflix #December #reports